Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ash - Natural Cure For Thorn Removal

Having a thorn stuck in your foot can be a very painful experience, and here is a post about my experiments with thorn removal, including the use of ash as a natural cure.

Thorn Sticking in My Foot

Well, on Sunday morning, I went for a nature trek in a city forest. As I walked through the forest, a thorn from a branch lying on the forest floor pierced through the sole of my shoes (which were about half an inch thick btw), and got stuck in my foot. It hurt like hell. My friend yanked it out, but a tiny bit of it got stuck in the soles of my foot, causing a lot of discomfort.

Well, I limped back home and tried many methods of thorn removal. My mom told me to rub a bit of ash on it, as she had seen her brother doing so. This home remedy seemed like a lot of bull, so I didn't bother using this natural cure. I ran a search on Google, and found other natural cures. I tried soaking my foot in hot water, using tweezers, cutting the skin around it with a needle to expose the thorn, and rubbing baking soda on the area. Nothing worked.

I went to office for one day with the thorn painfully stuck in my foot. On the second day, my mother gave me a slice of onion to rub on the thorn. She said this was a good natural cure. Well, I took it to office and rubbed it on my soles in the area of the thorn, hoping that no one would notice the smell. The pain reduced a bit, but when I tried walking, the thorn still continued to prick me.

Natural Cure of Ash 

When I reached home, my mom gave me some ash (from some incense sticks) and said that this natural cure really works. Well, I rubbed the ash on my sole, and after some time I noticed that the pain had gone. When I tried walking, I could not feel any pricking sensation as before. While the thorn still seemed stuck in my foot, I could walk just fine.

Cigarette ash can be a good home remedy for removing thorns/splinters from your foot or hands.

A few decades ago, very few people wore shoes (at least in India where I am from). Almost everyone used to walk barefoot in fields, forests and tracks, and thorns/splinters sticking in one's foot was a very common issue. Nobody went to the doctor to treat this - most people knew a bit of ash rubbing would solve the problem. People living in villages still do the same.

Visiting a Doctor to Remove a Thorn

Having a splinter or a thorn stuck in your foot can be very inconvenient and painful. No one likes to limp about the city looking silly. A doctor's visit can prove to be very expensive. Some doctors even recommend surgery and injections. While this may be required in rare cases, some doctors, hospitals or clinics do this just to make a bit of extra money (because they know how much discomfort you are in).

People would pay anything to get rid of a thorn in their foot, and unscrupulous medical professionals take advantage of that. Well, the solution and treatment for thorn removal is very simple really. Just rub a bit of ash in the area of the thorn or splinter. The pain would go and you will be able to go about your daily tasks in comfort. This ash could be from any naturally burning substance, such as incense sticks or a cigarette. Here is where a cigarette can actually be beneficial for your health - just don't inhale any smoke.

What do you think of using 'Ash' as a natural cure/home remedy for removing a thorn in your foot? Did you try it? Let me know about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you. Please post a comment below to let us know what you think!